Travel Insurance UK Compare
Regardless of whether you’re a family of four booking an extensive holiday, or a young couple looking for a quick getaway, there are safe and reliable travel insurance packages to choose from for every budget and scenario. To get the best one for your specific needs, compare travel insurance for UK travel before you leave while taking into consideration the benefits as well as the costs involved.
Cost of Travel Insurance for the UK
Travel insurance doesn’t have to cost an arm and leg, no matter how far you’re going. The trick is to shop around to find a package that provides you with the level of cover you need without breaking the bank. Here are examples of the insurance policies that you’re most likely to come across:
- Basic Policies ($44 to $60) - For a budget-friendly option, look no further than the Joey Cover policy from Kango’s, which costs only $44 and includes $1.5 million personal liability and $5 million for medical care, provided you pay an excess of $250 per claim.
- Standard Policies ($60 to $80) - This is the best travel insurance UK for people who are looking for a combination of price and value. The Standard Policy from Fast Cover, for example, costs only $59 and comes with $5 million in personal liability insurance, unlimited medical and cancellation cover, $15,000 for accidental death, as well as a $2,500 cash allowance during hospitalization. These and many other benefits are available at an excess of only $200.
- Premium Policies ($80 to $280) - This level of cover is quite comprehensive and includes unlimited medical and cancellation expenses, $15,000 toward your luggage, $25,000 accidental death cover, a $5,000 cash stipend during hospitalization, $5 million in personal liability, $5,000 for travel documents and $50,000 for unforeseen travel expenses. You can get all of this for $85 as part of 1Cover’s All-inclusive policy, which is paid out at an excess of $100.
Healthcare Reciprocity with Australia
Fortunately for Australiantravellers, the UK and Australia have reciprocal healthcare agreement, which enables Australians to receive free hospital treatment and GP healthcare services in the UK. However, this agreement is limited to public healthcare and does not apply to private healthcare institutions.
- Medical - This covers sudden illnesses, accidents, and the medical expenses that might ensue as a result.
- Luggage and Personal Belongings - If you happen to break or lose your camera equipment, you’ll be covered. If you somehow lose your luggage or it gets stolen, you’ll be covered. If you wallet gets stolen with your cash and travel documents, you’ll be covered.
- Cancellation Fees - This part of your travel insurance covers you against cancellations that occur as a result ofunexpected illnesses, injuries, car accidents, hijackings, natural disasters and other events that are outside of your control.
- Personal Liability - Your travel insurance policy will also cover your personal liability costs, such as doing accidental damage to someone else’s property or unintentionally injuring them.
What’s not Included
The following may not be covered in your travel insurance policy:
- Illnesses or accidents that occur as a result of extreme intoxication.
- Leaving your belongings unattended and vulnerable to theft.
- Engaging in high-risk adventure activities such as windsurfing or rock climbing.
- Travelling in spite of terrorism or travel warnings.
- Pre-existing medical conditions.
- Unreported items which have been lost or stolen for over 24 hours.
Saving on Travel Insurance in the UK
You can get cheap travel insurance UK by following the tips below:
- Get annual travel insurance UK which will cover you for multiple trips throughout the year, on a discounted premium.
- State your destination as the ‘UK’ instead of ‘Europe’ to get access to affordable insurance providers that service UK travelers specifically.
- Agree to pay a higher excess to get a reduced premium.
- Opt for joint policies if you’re travelling as a couple or a group.
- Get seniors travel insurance UK trips to get even better savings.
- Compare prices between different insurers before you make your choice, and use online comparison sites to help you out.
Safety Speed Dial
Here are a few useful contact details that you might want to have during your trip:
- London Information Centre Leicester Square
+44 20 7292 2333
- Australian High Commission, London Australia House
WC 2B 4LA
+44 20 7379 4334 uk.embassy.gov.au
- Edinburgh and Scotland Information Centre 3 Princes Street
+44 845 22 55 121 edinburgh.org